OJMCHE Teacher Advisory Board
APPLICATIONS DUE: JUNE 14, 2019
Are you interested in becoming involved in Holocaust and genocide education initiatives? The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education seeks certified teachers and educators (grades 6 – undergraduate) to be members of the Teacher Advisory Board (TAB).
The role of the Teacher Advisory Board is to advance the museum’s mission to explore the legacy of the Jewish experience in Oregon, teach the universal lessons of the Holocaust and provide opportunities for intercultural conversation. OJMCHE challenges our visitors to resist indifference and discrimination and to envision a just and inclusive world. The TAB meets five times during the school year to foster collaboration and learning between teachers and museum educators, advise OJMCHE on our educational programs, and participate in roundtable discussions around a variety of topics.
Teacher Advisory Board members will:
- Be involved in developing and evaluating education programs produced by OJMCHE’s Education Department including Teachers’ Professional Developments and Teacher Resource Packets.
- Participate in informal roundtable discussions to share best practices, discuss challenges, problem-solve, and provide feedback on a variety of topics including exhibition pacing guides, curriculum and program development and outreach opportunities.
- Help connect OJMCHE’s school-based educational programs to state standards.
- Serve as OJMCHE ambassadors in their schools, districts, and communities.
- Meet five times per year for two hours at OJMCHE (dinner is provided).
- Participate in four of the five meetings held at OJMCHE in downtown Portland.
- Employed as an educator for the 2019-2020 academic year (teacher or administrator for grades 6 – university).
- Show a demonstrated commitment to Holocaust education and related topics.
- Commit for one-year (September – June). At the end of the academic year, teachers may re-apply for the next year.
Teacher Advisory Board member benefits:
- Free donor level membership to OJMCHE for a year. (Donor members receive six guest passes, invitation to members’ only previews, free and discounted programming pricing).
- 10% discount on purchases in the Ron Tonkin Family Museum Shop.
- 10 professional development hours.
- Free class visit to OJMCHE.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2019
Notification: June 28, 2019
2019-2020 School Year Meeting Dates
*All meeting dates are on Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30pm.
September 18, 2019 *Attendance is mandatory
November 13, 2019
January 15, 2020
March 11, 2020
May 13, 2020
Questions? Email Amanda Solomon at email@example.com.